Sunday, February 17, 2008

"Let's Keep it a Secret"

Tonight Seth and I were sitting on the couch together and just as Shelley left the room, Seth spilled some of his drink on the couch.

He looked at me with a frantic expression and said "Daddy, I'm sorry. Can we not tell Mommy? Let's keep it a secret."

I said, "Let’s clean it up before she comes back." So, I headed into the kitchen to get a wet rag. As I was entering the kitchen we could hear Shelley making her way back into the living room.

"Hurry Daddy!"

As he waited for me to return he threw his entire body onto the couch to cover the mess. I wiped it up and then he promptly sat down over the spot so Shelley wouldn't see it.

We have entered the "cover up" phase which will now last until he graduates from High School.

1 comment:

mommyofangels said...

So has Shelley read this post yet?