Monday, February 18, 2008

The Pit

Our church just finished a series on Betrayal. The visual used throughout the series was that of a pit. When you are betrayed it is like you have been thrown down into a pit, the pit of betrayal. Much like the pit Joseph's brothers threw Joseph in before they sold him into slavery.

Well, I haven't been betrayed but I have been feeling like I am in the Pit. Things have been very rough around our house over the past eight months or so. I've been having a hard time with my new job and it just doesn't feel like the place I am supposed to be.

But, Shelley and I have remained faithful and the word's of our pastor keep ringing in my head. "God is preparing me for what he has prepared for me."

I am anxious to find out his plan and I have to admit I am inpatient and want to know NOW!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope your situation gets better.

I can empathize with the stress of any job can place you under. It's worse when it's new and bad.

Hope it brightens up for you soon.