Tuesday, May 24, 2005

God's Plan

God has a plan for all of us but many times if not most we want our plan to be God's Plan. We often forget to ask God what it is he wants for us.

I have been struggling with frustration regarding what direction I need to be taking with some new interest I am perusing. Things have not been progressing as I would like them and I have been questioning what I am doing wrong.

God has been reminding me in multiple ways that I need to just ask. For example, I read this story the other day. How awesome would that be to have that experience I thought?

I then reached over and tore off the present day on my desk calendar that contains a daily devotional and the scripture for that day was

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.

Then last night I reached over and opened another daily devotional and the scripture was Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Then today I have Jeremiah 10:23

I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.

I get it, I get it. I'm turning it over to you God and I'm asking you what is it I should do be doing.



2 comments:

mommyofangels said...

Daniel 9:3
3Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.

Luke 2:37
and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.

Shelley said...

Should be doing? Would it be better to ask what would be beneficial? ;-)