Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

Do you have any Guilty Pleasures? No, I'm not talking about that marble cheesecake or triple layer chocolate cake. I'm talking about that television show you watch but are a little embarrassed to admit to anyone.

I have had my share over the years. The first one was "Days of Our Lives". I thought I had to be the only 19 year old male watching until I went off to college. We had a group of 10 -12 of us that watched it everyday and even arranged our class schedules so we could watch it.

I then advanced to "Knots Landing". Again, I'm not proud of it.

I think the classic for me had to be "Beverly Hills, 90210". I still can't channel surf past it without stopping and watching.

My latest is "American Idol". I think this season has offered some of the best talent and has come down to two interesting possible winners. I have been pulling for Bo all season because he's not the prototypical Idol. He's older, has long hair and is a rocker. But, I actually picked Carrie as the winner when I saw her first audition (my wife can testify to this). How can you resist a cute blonde, country girl from Oklahoma?

Do you have any "Guilty Pleasures" you are willing to admit to?

1 comment:

mommyofangels said...

At least 1 romance novel a year.
Hope Carrie wins too.