Friday, May 20, 2005

The Joys of Fatherhood #3

Last night was an all boys night as Shelley had to be out for awhile and when it is just the two of us, things run a little differently.

It took us 2 grocery store runs with each time Seth carrying out the bag of items needed to make dinner. He was very pleased to be my helper.

We didn't finish dinner until after 7 pm because of all of the grocery store runs so we missed KinderMusik which was a disappointment for me but Seth seemed fine.

Bedtime has become a challenge in our household recently but last night was a huge success. After his bath we settled in for an episode of Dragon Tales. Now my preference is Little Bear but he wanted Dragon Tales.

After watching the show we began the process of trying to put him to bed which lately has been a bit dramatic. But last night we read 4 stories, prayed and kissed good night. Big victory for me!

So, in the end we ate, he had a bath, we played, there was only 1 injury and he went right to sleep so all and all I have to say our boys night was a success.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I'm thinking about leaving every night so it will run that smoothly all of the time!