Saturday, May 28, 2005

Who am I

As I mentioned in a previous post we just returned from a family vacation. In our travels we spent a fair amount of time in the car listening to music. Our son loves praise and worship music and he has a variety of favorites. To hear him sing out "Beautiful One" is just a wonderful thing to hear. Well, today we were listening to another one of his favorites and that is a cd by Casting Crowns.

The song "Who am I" really struck me. Here are some of the lyrics.

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth,
Would care to know my name,
Would care to feel my hurt,
Who am I?
That the Bright and Morning Star,
Would choose to light the way,
For my ever wandering heart,

Not because of who I am,
But because of what You've done,
Not because of what I've done,
But because of who You are,

I am a flower quickly fading,
Here today and gone tomorrow,
A wave tossed in the ocean (ocean),
A vapor in the wind,
Still You hear me when I'm calling,
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling,
And You've told me who I am..
I am Yours.


It just reminds me that we all matter and God cares about everyone of us.

No comments: