Thursday, February 16, 2006

Discount Tire

I believe if you receive good service you need to tell people about it.

I have always had good experiences with Discount Tire and today wasn't any different. They checked all of the tires on Shelley's car for leaks, fixed one that had a screw in it and rotated all four tires, and they did this all for FREE.

I have always been impressed by the fact that they fix flats and rotate tires for free irregardless of whether you bought the tires from them or not. But, what has always impressed me more is that when they perform this free service, it is truly free. They never try to up sell you to new tires or to something they charge for. They just go on faith that if they provide you with good service, you will remember them when it is time to buy new tires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I agree with you about Discount Tire. Regina's car needed 2 new tires. I was busy with Church stuff so I went online to Discount Tire; found the tires she needed, the price I was willing to pay... and then printed it out.

I gave her the print out and she took her car up to the store. When she got there, she handed them the paper and said "Here's what I want." The guy was shocked at first but was very impressed by it. They did the service EXCACTLY as I printed on the paper. He didn't even try to upgrade her or suggest anything different. That's what true customer service is all about.