Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Lasik

About 6 years ago Shelley got Lasik surgery and she has been very pleased with it. I have been wearing glasses or contacts since I was 12 years old but at the time Shelley had her surgery, wearing contacts was not that much of an inconvenience. I even stated that I wouldn't get Lasik until it was available in pill form.

Well, it isn't available in pill form but my opinion of my contacts has changed drastically. In fact, every morning I wake up, I just about scream at the thought of having to go put my contacts in. There was not one individual event that pushed me over the edge, I have just gotten to the point where I can't stand my contacts.

So, today I went to one of the most popular area Lasik surgeons and got my "free consultation". Ouch, I am still stinging from the sticker shock. Six years ago Shelley paid about $800 an eye and today I was quoted $1,800 an eye.

I am not looking for the cheapest but $1,800 seems a little high to me. I'm wondering what experiences others have had regarding Lasik surgery? Have the prices gone up that much or do I need to keep searching?

No comments: