Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Joys of Fatherhood #24

Chase is in a stage where he really fights going to sleep. We went through this with Seth and the same solution we used then works for Chase and that is putting him in the car and driving around for a short time. The last few nights this has become my responsibility and I am really enjoying it. We usually don't even get out of our neighborhood before I hear Chase's breathing pattern change and I can tell he has gone to sleep. I will usually drive around for another five or ten minutes just to make sure he is fully asleep. When we get back to the house and I take him out of his car seat he is usually limp and he will bury his head into my chest as he tries to keep the light from his eyes. This is the only time I get to hold him and not have to worry about him try to wiggle out of my arms and it is a very special time for me.

No comments: