Friday, April 28, 2006

$5 on Pump 1

I was at my favorite place today and a guy came in and paid the cashier and said "I want $5 on pump 1".

When I was in high school this is how I always put cash in my car, $5 at a time because that was the most money I usually ever had at one time. But, then gas was only $1.20 a gallon so I could get over 4 gallons which would take me over 70 miles and in a town of 1200 people and no stop lights, that would take me a long way.

But, today at $2.95 a gallon, that same $5 would only get 1.6 gallons and that will only get you about 30 miles. I don't think I could afford to be a teenager today.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Come to the UK we are paying almost £1.00 per litre thats way over #5.00 per gallon...scary stuff. When we moved back to UK from Texas I kept checking the bill just couldn't believe what we were paying.
Now I use my bike whenever I can!

mommyofangels said...

The other day, I had no debit card, and no gas card... only $8 and on empty. 1/4 of a tank... that's all it gave me.

Maureen said...

....and "Down under" in Australia it's up to Au$1.30 litre for unleaded in my area,and diesel costs MORE!