Monday, July 17, 2006

Class Reunions

This weekend was Shelley's 20th high school class reunion. This was the first high school reunion I have ever attended. I know my class had a 5, 10 and a 20 year reunion (I never heard anything about 15) and I didn't attend any of them. My position has always been that I would keep in touch with anyone I wanted to so why go and see those that I didn't want to stay in touch with. I haven't kept in touch with anyone in my class so there has been zero reason for me to attend.

Shelley grew up in a small town and had a graduating class of 14. She had 8 from her class attend and I imagine of the 6 that didn't attend, a few of them probably shared the same thoughts that I do.

It was interesting to be able to attend a reunion and just listen to the stories. Since Shelley's class was small they seemed to be a very close group who spent a lot of time together, maybe too much time. They also all seemed to more geniune than I would imagine some of my classmates would be. I don't think I heard anyone trying to brag about their accomplishments since they graduated. Now, this might have been because except for Shelley, those that attended had stayed in the area and there probably weren't any lies that could be told. It seemed that everyone at the table either worked or went to church with a cousin, brother, or some other relative of everyone else at the table.

But, I think this might be the last high school renunion I attend because I still hav e no plans to attend any of mine, unless I win the lottery and then I will have something to go and brag about. Yes, I'm no different than anyone else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to pull up Shelley's blog for a while. Is it my computer, or is she taking a break?