Saturday, July 01, 2006

Haircut Day

Today was a first for me, I took both boys at the same time to get a haircut. Shelley had worked last night and needed some quiet time so I figured this would be a good way to get us all out of her hair (excuse the pun) but I was secretly a little concerned. Chase has only had one other haircut so this is a relatively new experience for him so you never know how he might react. Seth generally does really well but if we have to wait extra long (it is first come first serve, no appointments) then his patience can run thin.

So, I packed the bags with drinks, cheerios and toys and headed out on our little adventure. Fortunately it wasn't very crowded and we only had 1 person in front of us. Seth kept everyone entertained with a little song and dance number and everyone thought Chase was the cutest thing they had seen.

I opted to have Seth go first because he was in the most need of a haircut and if things went bad, we could just leave and bring Chase back another day. But, they didn't go bad. Seth sat in the chair and had excellent behavior during his haircut and it allowed Steve (our barber) to cut it even shorter and straighter than ever before. And Chase was equally pleasant. He sat on my lap during his and never put up a fuss.

Now we all or sporting our new haircuts and I think Mommy enjoyed the little time to herself.

No comments: