Sunday, July 30, 2006

Money is just flying out the window



Do you ever get where it just feels like money is flying out the window? Every time you turn around you are encountering another unplanned expense? Well, that is where we are right now.

It started with a leaky sprinkler system. Since it is the middle of the busy season I still haven't been able to get someone out to look at it so I have no idea how much it is going to cost but I know it is more than I planned. (can't wait for the next water bill either)

Then yesterday I checked the mail and got the bill from the IRS for their audit. It was for $303. I know it could have been worse but it is still three hundred dollars.

Then yesterday I went into our playroom and noticed it was VERY HOT. Now the rest of the house is cool, just this room is hot. So, this morning I went into the attic and found that the duct work had broken into two pieces. The upside is the antic was nice and cool since we had been blowing cold air into it. (I can't wait for our next electric bill.) But, tomorrow we get to call the A/C man and find out how much it will cost to repair the duct work.

Then we have the obligatory unplanned medical expense.

I know we are blessed and these are really just minor inconveniences but I sure hope this stops soon.

2 comments:

mommyofangels said...

Duct tape. Can't you duct tape the duct work? Only $1.50.

Anonymous said...

The CHOIR brother, you are preachin to the choir! Don't know if that makes you feel better or worse. Yes money does fly out of the window, but money does also occasionally fall from heaven via the postal service etc. Let's just pray for some to fall your way.