Thursday, July 27, 2006

Time with Chase

The last few days Seth has been in Oklahoma so we have had an opportunity to spend a lot of time with Chase.

I am constantly amazed at our little boy and I'm not biased just because I am his father.

First, he is extremely smart. He is already talking and he even has phrases, not just single words. And when he can't communicate with words what he wants, he is very capable of getting his message across. Yesterday he wanted to ride in the car and he directed Shelley out to the garage to show what he wanted.

He also has very good hand eye coordination. He is already hitting a ball off of a tee with a bat and he is also able to replace the ball on the tee.

But, the most interesting part of his personality is his lack of fear. We really have to keep an eye on him because he does seem to lack that little voice that says "Chase, this might hurt you." This wasn't an issue with Seth so Shelley and I are having to adjust. The other day we were in two separate rooms and Chase left the room Shelley was in and headed to my room. Shelley didn't worn me though that "Chase Watch" had transferred from her to me and I didn't hear him come into the room (I was working on my laptop and I often don't know what is going on around me). Before I knew it he had managed to pull a potted plant and ceramic pot off of its stand and down on himself. It hurt him and scared him but I know if we were to put that plant back where it was, he would go right back to it again. I often say about Chase that he "doesn't have any quit in him."

No comments: