Friday, July 28, 2006

Sleep, We all need sleep

Last night we or should I say I was watching The Lion King (for some reason I am the only one in the family that can sit still and watch an entire movie, but that is another post). There is a scene where Simba is trying to wake up his father, Mufasa. Mufasa turns to Simba's mother and says "he is your SON until the Sunrise". This struck me as so true that it is generally the responsibility of the mother to tend to the "fussy" child in the middle of the night.

Chase has been waking up a lot lately in the middle of the night and Shelley has been having to do a variety of things to get him back to sleep. During these times I can think of several excuses as why I'm not helping. Some of them are:

1. She's breastfeeding, I can't do anything to help. (I could get up and rub her shoulders or something. Now that we are past this stage and aren't having any more children I can make this bold claim.)
2. I have to get up early and go to work. (Oh, poor me, it's not like she doesn't do anything during the day).
3. She is better at it than me. (what a cop out that is)
4. The boys want their mother. (another cop out)

Am I terrible husband/father?

I do know I am married to an awesome woman.

So, what am I going to do? I am going to pray that Chase sleeps through the night so I don't have to worry about it. :-)

1 comment:

mommyofangels said...

Give her a day off.