Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I Hate Being Sick

I hate being sick. I use to never get sick, in fact I have rarely taken a sick day in the last 10 years. I guess that is why I have over 90 days of available paid time off.

But, I remember when my wife was pregnant with our first child a friend of mine who had 3 kids at the time warned me that I would now start getting all sorts of illnesses. Well, he was correct. Now that I have two kids or should I say "germ factories", I have been sick twice this year and I have even had to go to the doctor. The last time I had been to the doctor was 17 years ago. I might even need to change the title of my blog to "The Journey of a Happily Married Man with Two Germ Factories".

I know it isn't all their fault because they have friends that are "germ factories" as well and it just keeps getting circulated through the community.

This weekend our Pastor made a comment that "with sacrifice, comes blessings" and if my sacrifice is getting sick every once in awhile, I will definitely take my two blessings. I love my two little blessings.

Kids, Germ Factories, Blessings... I doubt Websters has those listed as synonyms but they are to me.

No comments: