Sunday, November 27, 2005

Joys of Fatherhood #16

Shelley referenced this on her blog but I just had to tell the story because not all "Joys of Fatherhood" are positive experiences, just memorable ones.

Yesterday I had the brilliant plan to take the family to the Cavanuagh Flight Museum in Addison Texas. I just had visions of the joy on Seth's face as he got to see all of these wonderful planes up close and personal. I envisioned him running one to another and then when we get home he would call his Nana and Grandmama and try and re-tell the story to them. But, he would be so excited and talking so fast they wouldn't be able to understand him.

Well, I was wrong.

We hadn't even gotten out of the car when he started to ask to go home. He even pulled the "going limp" trick when I got him out of the car. Then once we were in the museum I had to literally drag him into the area where the planes were located. And all of this time he just keeps saying he wanted to go home. I was undaunted as I tried to enjoy the museum because it did have some cool exhibits.

Then when we were finally home and trying to get him ready for church, he says "I want to go see the planes." My entire life force drained out of me at that point.

No comments: