Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Something Else I Don't Understand

I know this has been going on but I had never really encountered it until recently. Now I seem to be running into it all of the time. It usually goes something like this:

I walk in and hear "No, I didn't see that, when was it on? Yes, I know, we have to go to." FLUSH. Or some similar type of conversation.

What is it with people talking on a cell phone while they are using the bathroom? What could be so important that it couldn't wait or you couldn't just say, "Can I call you back in 5 minutes?" And these people don't seem to be making any effort to hide where or what they are doing.

Also, for some odd reason I feel like I am intruding in some way. That I'm eavesdropping on some private conversation.

There is not a single person, including my wife, that I will talk to while I am using the bathroom. And, no body better call me while they are using the bathroom and if they do they must be sure I don't know it or they will hear a dial tone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I'm completely with you. This practice is in such poor taste that I can't imagine why people do it. I think it is emblematic of the coarsening of our national etiquette. When will people learn manners?