Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Weekend to Myself

My family has gone out of town this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY MISS my family but I am enjoying the quiet. I had a friend ask me if I was going to go out with "the boys" this weekend since I was going to be alone and truthfully the thought of going out never even crossed my mind. My plans all centered around renting a movie, watching football, watching the History channel and reading blogs.

I am old and boring. But, I also know that all my friends are also old and boring and they are all married with kids as well. Since they probably wouldn't be subject to the benefit of having their families out of town I doubt any of them could have gone out anyway. So, if I had asked them to go out, I would not only be home alone, I would have also been suffering from the rejection of my friends.

Well, the excitement continues here tonight, Miami is beating VA Tech 10 - 0 and its half time. Time to see what is on the History Channel.

No comments: