Friday, November 25, 2005

The Story of a Lifetime - My Mentor

Shelley and I are starting a project where we each answer the same question about our life and then collecting the answers for our children. This week's question is "Who is a mentor you have had?" Here's Shelley's answer.

I haven't ever had a true mentor, someone who took me under their guidance and provided guidance over a period of time. But, I have worked for some good people who I have observed and who had an influence on me. Two of those people were Jim Parmley and Dennis Lewis.

From watching them I learned a calmed, unhurried style to approaching problems. I also learned not to micro manage but to hire good people and not get in their way but just provide direction so everyone is headed down the same path.

I hope I can pass these lessons to my boys.

No comments: