Monday, October 23, 2006

BATFE

Last week I got a call from an investigator with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives saying he wanted to come by and inspect my residence. Now, this wasn't as shocking as one might think because I have applied for a Federal Firearms License (FFL). What is an FFL? An FFL is required for anyone who wants to engage in the business of manufacturing, importing, or dealing in firearms. I am wanting to be able to begin dealing in firearms so I decided to apply.

So, when the investigator called I was not surprised but I quickly got very nervous at the prospect of someone from the ATF coming to our house. I suddenly felt like the little dog chasing the car and suddenly actually catching it. "Now, what am I going to do?" I thought.

The good news is the inspection went well and I should have my FFL within 6 weeks.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

You left out some humorous details about your anxiety. :-)

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

That is really cool. I applied for my CHL and I am waiting to hear back from the state. Let me know when you start dealing and I will come buy from you. =)


Jeremy
http://lifeofanant.blogspot.com