Friday, October 27, 2006

Little Brother Helps Big Brother

Last night Seth wanted me to be a monster and put on my monster mask. I have an old rubber Halloween mask that in the past has really scared him. But, that was last year so I thought maybe he is a year older and things would be different so I went and put on the mask. Well, things weren't different and he freaked out.

Shelley and I tried to address his fears. We explained it was just a mask, asked him what he was afraid of, blah, blah, blah. Nothing worked... I even tried to give him the mask so he could hold it and see that it wasn't anything scary but he would have none of it. I then offered that he could take it and throw it away but again he didn't want anything to do with it. But, Chase then decided he would take control of the situation. He grabbed the masked, marched into the kitchen, opened the pantry, promptly threw the mask away and then shut the pantry door as if he was sealing it away .

I brought Seth into the kitchen to tell him what Chase had done and then Chase gave Seth a hug as if to tell him everything would be ok now.

No comments: