Monday, October 09, 2006

SchoolHouse Rock


Last Christmas I bought Shelley the SchoolHouse Rock DVD that contains all of the episodes. If you aren't aware, SchoolHouse Rock was on Saturday mornings between 1973 and 1985 and it was a series of short cartoons with a catchy song that taught us multiplication, history, grammar, and science. It had episodes like Conjunction Junction, I'm Just a Bill and Three is a Magic Number.

Well, we were happy to see that Seth fell in love with it and he has watched the DVD for endless hours. So, when we saw that SchoolHouse Rock, Live was coming to Casa Manana, we knew we had to go.

Yes, I'll admit it, Shelley and I were more excited that either of the boys. I also don't think it was any surprise that I enjoyed this more than the Elmo or Dragon Tales concerts we went to but I also think it wasn't just a generational issue. I think Seth enjoyed it more than any other event we have attended. He sat on my lap, never took his eyes off of the stage and clapped with vigor after each song. Chase also had a good time but his 1 year old attention span ran out after the intermission.

If you get an opportunity to see Schoolhouse Rock, Live, I highly recommend it.

No comments: