Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bledsoe Vs. Romo

There is a lot of controversy over the Cowboys switch to Tony Romo over Drew Bledsoe. Many feel that by switching the Cowboys are giving up on this season and beginning to build for the future. I disagree with that position because the fact is Drew Bledsoe isn't a very good quarterback. Is Romo better? I don't know. Is Romo the future quarterback for the Cowboys? I don't know. But, here are a few things I do know.

In the last 6 games of last season and the first 6 games this year the Cowboys are 5 - 7 with Bledsoe at quarterback. Also, during those games Bledsoe has completed only 54% of his passes and has thrown 18 interceptions to only 16 touchdowns. Also, over the last 4 years is quarterback ranking is 21st in 2003, 25th in 2004, 17th in 2005 and 28th in 2006.

We aren't going anywhere with Bledsoe so let's give someone else a try and Romo is all we have.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I came here because I KNEW you would write about this. I knew it!

Jeremy and I have been so wrapped up in this. I can't listen to ESPN radio all the time or the kids will go nuts. So Jeremy calls yesterday while the kids and I are out. "Babe, Romo is in!" Then I made sure to record sports on channel 8 so I could get annoyed by the Cowboy hater, Dale Hansen.

We think it's a good call. What other choice do we have? It may sound funny but I have been praying for Romo all week. I can't imagine the pressure and to have everything you do talked about non-stop in the radio and tv. But hey, this is Dallas!

Hopefully you are not one of those guys totally annoyed by a woman making comments on sports but I grew up a Dallas fan, it's in my blood!

Jeff Dowdle said...

I like the idea of praying for Tony. No, matter what you think of the decision, he is going to have a stressful week and is in need of prayers.

I love woman commenting on sports, especially if they have a passion for the Cowboys.