Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas Lights

I have never been someone who decorated the outside of their house with Christmas lights. While I always liked having the inside of the house decorated, I never got motivated to put lights on the outside. That was until I had kids.

Seth was almost one when he had his first Christmas and as I had done in the past, I didn't decorate the outside of the house. But, as we drove around at night or walked our neighborhood he got great enjoyment from looking at the lights so I promised him we would decorate our house the following year.

Well, this is the third year now we have put lights outside and I think everyone is enjoying it. It isn't that much work for me to do it and the boys love it. Every night they wait anxiously for the sun to go down and for the lights to kick on. I really love watching their enjoyment. Our neighbors have out done us a little this year and have placed some moving reindeer in their yard so I may have to kick it up a notch next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving reindeer? Just say no!