Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Gingrich - The Stealth Candidate

The current issue of Fortune has an interesting article regarding Newt Gingrich and his potential Presidential candidacy.

Newt is essentially trying to build an interest at a grass roots level before making any formal declaration that he is running.

"I'm going to tell you something, and whether or not it's plausible given the world you come out of is your problem," he tells Fortune. "I am not 'running' for president. I am seeking to create a movement to win the future by offering a series of solutions so compelling that if the American people say I have to be president, it will happen."


Another interesting quote was regarding other Republicans who are considered potential candidates.

"Nice people," Gingrich says of his GOP competitors. "But we're not in the same business. They're running for president. I'm running to change the country."

Read the article here.







1 comment:

Shelley said...

I'm getting excited just thinking about it!