Sunday, November 26, 2006

I'm Back

I have taken several days off from posting but now it is time to saddle up again.

This was Thanksgiving week and I have been home for the majority of it thus getting to spend time with my boys. Also, my mother was here and we got to visit but more importantly she got to spend time with the boys. I really like to watch the boys when they get to be with my mother, they really enjoy seeing her.

This Thanksgiving we stayed at our house and I don't even remember the last time I did that. We usually go to either Shelley's grandmother's house or to my mom's but this time we did it here. This always poses the problem of food so Shelley and I tried an experiment and actually ordered a prepared meal from a local grocery store. My two thoughts on it are first, it wasn't that bad but I wish you could select the quantity and which side items you wanted. We all agreed that we wish we had more sweet potatoes and less mashed potatoes. My second thought is that even though it was already made it wasn't that easy to do. It took about 2 and half hours to prepare every thing and we didn't have enough oven space because everything had to be heated in the oven.

I then got to watch my Cowboys on my own tv and that was a treat for me. But, I'm not sure what I prefer either going somewhere and having the food made for me and sharing watching the game with everyone else or making my own food and watching the game on my own tv.

The highlight of this week for me was on Friday when we got out the Christmas decorations. We started by putting up the tree and the boys were very interested in helping. Also, the fact that my mom got to participate made it even more special. After we put up the tree, I went out and started putting the outside lights up. I had some initial help but everyone decided a walk around the neighborhood seemed like a better idea. But when the sun went down both boys were delighted with the lights and we even had a tough time getting them to come inside.

Saturday included Shelley and I getting out and being by ourselves. We went to Toys R Us to look around and then we went and saw a movie. The day ended by us going to church where we had our family picture taken for this years Christmas card and we had a wonderful service and taking communion.

This was a really great Thanksgiving this year.

No comments: