Saturday, November 11, 2006

Project Valour IT

I have teamed up and am providing support for Project Valour IT.

Project Valour-IT, in memory of SFC William V. Ziegenfuss, provides voice-controlled laptop computers to wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines recovering from hand and arm injuries or amputations at home or in military hospitals. Operating laptops by speaking into a microphone, our wounded heroes are able to send and receive messages from friends and loved ones, surf the 'Net, and communicate with buddies still in the field without having to press a key or move a mouse. The experience of CPT Charles "Chuck" Ziegenfuss, a partner in the project who suffered severe hand wounds while serving in Iraq, illustrates how important this voice-controlled software can be to a wounded servicemember's recovery.

I am supporting the Air Force only because as of now they have the lowest donations amount. I like pulling for the underdog. I've added their status to my sidebar so you can view how they are doing.

I encourage you to support this cause and if you have a blog go to their website and you can join and get the code to add it to your site.

No comments: