Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Rejection

One thing I struggle with is dealing with rejection. I know most people don't like rejection but it really seems to rock my world. I have had periods of unemployment where I was looking for a job and the constant rejection really lowered my self esteem and confidence. Then when my first wife asked for a divorce, this was the ultimate rejection. Also, there have been times when I wanted something and have been denied and I felt that I was personally being rejected. A lot of these feelings have come rushing forward for me as I face the prospect of looking for a new job. I am not excited about facing the inevitable rejection I am going to receive.

Shelley and I are taking a class studying the "Revolutionary" aspects of Jesus and his ministry. Last night as we sat in class and listened to the things Jesus did and how it rocked the world of the Jews and the religious leaders of that time I couldn't help think about the rejection Jesus experienced. He eventually experienced the ultimate rejection as they had him arrested and crucified.

I know God is opening this new chapter in my life for a reason and I will more than likely experience rejection in the process, I just hope I am able to focus on Jesus as I go through it.

Therefore I rejoice that I have confidence in you in everything. - II Corinthians 7:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you this just wanted I needed today! ;)