Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Who knew?

Yesterday I was having a conversation with a co-worker who lives in another state and it transitioned to what we would be doing for Thanksgiving. He said he was travelling to a relative's house and I commented that we were staying home and while the food wouldn't be as good as if we went to Shelley's Grandmothers but I would get to watch the Cowboy game in the quiet of my own living room.

He replied, "The Cowboys play Thursday?"

I paused thinking he had to be kidding and then I realized he wasn't. "What do you mean, the Cowboys play every Thanksgiving" I responded. "They have been playing on Thanksgiving Day for 40 years". (I find it appropriate that they started playing on Thanksgiving the year I was born)

He claimed he had no idea the Cowboys played on Thanksgiving day. "Why should I know that, I don't live in Dallas?" he said.

There are some givens in this world, the sun comes up in the morning, the sun goes down at night and the Cowboys play on Thanksgiving day.

I guess we both learned something yesterday.

No comments: