Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 in Review

This has been a heck of a year and here are just a few highlights from my year. (In no particular order.)

1. Seth turned 3
2. Chase turned 1
3. I tried writing a novel (50,000 words) in 30 days. I didn't make it in 30 days but I did finally hit the 50,000 mark.
4.I won the Super Bowl in my fantasy league.
5. The Cowboys finished 9-7 for the 2nd year in a row and it was the 2nd year in a row that I considered that disappointing. We'll see how the playoffs go this year.
6. Troy Aikman and Rayfield Wright were inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame.
7. I got Lasik eye surgery.
8. The Cowboys signed Terrel Owens.
9. We went to Sea World for a family vacation.
10. We went to Galveston for our first family vacation with Chase.
11. Chase got his first haircut.
12. Seth played his first season of T-ball and soccer.
13. Shelley and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. She is now the record holder.
14. I got to see the Blue Man Group in Vegas.
15. Tim and I started www.livetoshoot.com
16. The Mavericks made it to the NBA Championship.
17. Sadaam Hussein was executed.
18. President Ford passed away.
19. The Cowboys started construction on their new stadium.
20. Chase started walking.
21. I lost my Aunt Anita.
22. I turned 40.
23. Chase started talking.
24. I started contributing to Dadbloggers.
25. The boys and I went to our first gun show together.
26. Our company started the IT Transformation project which will eventually result in my leaving Loanlink.
27. I got my Federal Firearms License.
28. The Republicans lost control of the House and Senate.
29. I ran my 6th marathon.
30. I took the concealed handgun license class.

Its been an interesting year and I anticipate 2007 will be full of surpises.

No comments: