Monday, December 25, 2006

A Christmas Prayer

This morning before we opened any presents we told the Christmas Story and used a Nativity scene in hopes of bringing the story to life. I didn't know if we were successful or not because the boys were really focused on opening their presents. So, we first brought out their Myrrh gifts and then their Frankincense gift and finally their Gold gift. The boys were really excited about each of their gifts but after we finished, they were ready to open the rest of their presents.

Before, we opened any more presents I suggested we pray. The night before I had thought through what I thought was a pretty good prayer so I started the prayer but was interrupted. Seth wanted to say the prayer.

"God is great, God is good, let's thank him for Jesus. Amen."

Tears welled up in my eyes as well as in Shelley's. How could I say it any better?

Our little man might just be getting it.

No comments: