Monday, December 18, 2006

I Believe

In my Dadbloggers post this month, Tis the Season, I discussed how to address the issue of "Santa" with our children. Now I believe, Santa is REAL. Except he doesn't have a red sleigh but a red Suburban with a license plate of "HOHO." And, he doesn't live in the North Pole but instead he is driving along the George Bush Turnpike. He was even wearing wire rimmed reading glasses.

I'm just kidding but he really did look like Santa and his license plate was "HOHO."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally respect how y'all do Santa. I am so creaful these days to not say things to kids like, "What is Santa gonna bring you this year?" My OB doctor just asked my kids that the other day and I thought about how it was okay for him to do that with mine but he should think more because some people do things differently.

How do you handle it with Seth? Would he say things to other kids like, "There's no Santa. It's make believe." That's hard too because we do the whole make believe thing and leave toys out from Santa.

But the thing is, it's okay that we do it different. I don't beleive this makes our entire foundation crumble. You know?

Good words Jeff! I like how you write.

Jeff Dowdle said...

We haven't told Seth that Santa is make believe, we just don't pretend he is real. Thus, Seth hasn't had any of these philosophical debates with his friends. :-)

But we are losing the battle, because despite us not ever telling Seth that Santa brought him his presents, he believes is presents come from Santa. Not sure why except from other kids and TV. Oh well, as long as we don't lose the war.

Unknown said...

Gotcha! :) No, I think what you are doing is great and I am open to the Lord showing me I need to change how we do Santa. So far, i don't have a check in my spirit but I am always listening.

P.S. TONY ROMO MADE THE PRO-BOWL!