Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Vacation

In my younger days the word "vacation" wasn't really in my vocabulary. I would take a day off here and there but rarely no more than two. Once I had kids my priorities shifted and I started taking more time off and we have even taken several "family vacations." But, still nothing longer than 4 or 5 days.

Well, for a variety of reasons I have had the opportunity to take some time off this month. So far, I have taken four days off this month but I am about to embark on my longest vacation ever. Beginning tomorrow I will be off until January 2nd. This will be twelve consecutive days I will be home and six actual working days. I don't think I am going to want to come back to work but with me lurking around the house for that long, I imagine Shelley might be pushing me back to work.

No comments: