Sunday, December 03, 2006

What are you really paying for?

When you purchase something do you ever wonder what you are paying for or what the value is to you personally? When you buy the coffee, is the value based on the taste, the fact it is waking you up in the morning, or the prestige associated with carrying around a $5 cup of coffee?

One of Seth's favorite things to do is to go Quik Trip and get a Strawberry Banana Freezoni. I don't know if the Strawberry Banana is the most popular but it is often out when we go so sometimes we have to drive to 1 or 2 other Quik Trips to find it. Fortunately, there is one on just about every corner now so we don't have to drive far.

Well, today, the first store we went to was out so Seth suggested going to a 2nd store, which I agreed to. When we got to the second store, Seth was pleased to see that they had Strawberry Banana but as I was filling his glass, luck would have it that the machine stopped when the glass was half full. I offered some alternative choices but seeing the sacred "red drink" in his glass he was not about to leave without it. I asked him if it was fine that it was only half full and he said yes.

So, my point is I realized that I wasn't paying .86 cents for 16 oz. of Freezoni but I was paying .86 cents for my son's happiness and if he was happy with only 8 oz. for .86 cents then I would be to.

No comments: