Sunday, January 07, 2007

Cowboys 20, Seahawks 21

It has taken me nearly 24 hours to get to the point where I could write about this loss.

I'm not sure what to think of this season. At the beginning everyone was predicting they were either an 8-8 or 9-7 team and that is what they were. But, after about two thirds of the season, they were being considered the best team in the NFC. And then, they last 3 of the last 4 in the regular season and lost their first game in the playoffs.

But, here are a few thoughts on the season.

1. I think we found our quarterback of the future in Romo despite how he finished the season. I think he has something.
2. Bobby Carpenter, our first round draft choice from last year, started showing something at the end of the season. He may not be the bust we thought.
3. Will Bill Parcells come back?
4. Will T.O. be back? I don't think the T.O. experiment went great but it could have been a lot worse.
5. There still seems to be considerable concern with the defense and I imagine this next draft will be dedicated to the defense again.

I think this team is heading in the correct direction but there are still a lot of questions.

I am the always hopeful and here is to next season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still can't really comment on the game, but I have to point out that Bobby Carpenter had a great first half. 3 passes defended? He was great and that will obviously get overlooked.

Otherwise, I feel for Romo and can't wait to see how he responds to this.