Sunday, January 28, 2007

The fast is over

Today we ended our 21 day fast. While I am glad it is over, I will definitely do this again. This fast was an amazing experience and it did several things for me.

1. It brought me closer to God. I spent a lot of time reading his Word and praying. I turned to Him more often and I spent more time focusing on him.

2. It brought Shelley and I closer together as we had to lean on each other and encourage one another.

3. It brought new foods and a different way of eating entire our life.

When the fast ended I thought I would treat myself to several things but after having some pizza I realized I really just wanted to maintain a diet very similar to the fast diet but maybe include a little meat and bread. I think this fast has developed some new habits for me as well.

No comments: