Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Driving Around

As a parent I have come to learn that nothing stays the same. When Chase was an infant and it was bedtime, he would just go to sleep. Very easy. Now that he has become a toddler we have had to resort to driving around the neighborhood to get him to fall asleep. There might be a better way but this worked with Seth so we are just sticking with what we know best.

It usually starts sometime after 7 pm when we will notice that he is getting cranky. We will ask him if he wants to go for a ride and he will excitely shake is head up and down in the affirmative.

I have a loop that takes about 10 minutes to complete. Sometimes he is asleep before we leave the neighborhood but it usually takes one to two trips around. But, my favorite part of the process is when we arrive home. I have to gently remove his limp body from the car seat and carry him into the house. Holding him close and feeling his head resting on my shoulder is a feeling I can't describe.

I imagine I only have a few months remaining before he is too big for this so I am trying to savor each trip.

No comments: