Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Quit

Today I did something that at one time would have been inconceivable and that is I resigned my position as the Director of Technology for The LoanLink Center. I have been with this company for eleven and a half years and at one point thought it would be the last company I worked for. If you had asked many people that knew me as recently as ten months ago, they would have predicted that I would have died at my desk at Loanlink but at last it won't be.

It was just last May when I was sitting around a table at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas with three others arguing that our parent company wouldn't be crazy enough to do what it appeared they might be thinking about doing. Well, they did it and that has resulted in the decision I made today. Also, three of those four people that were sitting at that table are no longer with the company.

Now the time has come for me to move on. It was never the company I liked working for or the job I had or how much money I made that made this job enjoyable, it was the people. I worked with some of the most fantastic people over the last eleven years and one by one many have moved on and the ones that remain might not be here much longer either. The people will be what I will miss the most.

But, we all have to start new chapters and the nice thing is that nobody can take away the friendships, those will go on no matter where we work.

2 comments:

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

You will be sorely missed.

mommyofangels said...

Boo hoo (tears flowing...)