Friday, March 23, 2007

Morning Person

McDonalds is currently running an ad about a very unusual type of person and that is the "morning person." He is depiticted as being some type of "freak of nature" in the commercials that no one understands.

I have been one of these "freaks of nature" as long as I can remember. When I was a kid I was always frustrated that Saturday morning cartoons didn't start until 7 AM. This was when there were only three channels and maybe a couple of UHF channels and no such thing as The Cartoon Network. (How many kids today know what channels are the UHF channels?)

When I was 10 I had a job as a substitute paperboy in our neighborhood. So if the primary paperboy was out of town or sick, I got to deliver the papers. It was just like you see on tv with me on my bike and the big bag draped over my shoulder and slingging papers as I rode by each house. I loved doing it and the primary reason was I got to get up early. I loved being the only one awake in the neighborhood.

But a problem with being a morning person is that you are a minority and no one seems to understand you and they always seem to look at you funny.

Why am I so misunderstood? Why? Why?

2 comments:

amyerj said...

It's all envy from this side of the aisle. I do great when I practice it for a while, but I'm CLEARLY out of the routine for now.

I promise, all admiration and envy, masked as misunderstanding.

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

I like to be up early. Love being the only one up as well. Problem is I can't get out of bed if I don't have to be. Once I am up then I am happy.