Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Valet Parking

Anyone who knows me wouldn't be surprised by the fact that I don't like valet parking. Why pay someone to park your car?

But, this weekend when Shelley and I went out to dinner, I realized another issue I have with the valet.

The restaurant was located in an area where my only choice was to valet park. But, as I sat in the restaurant I started thinking about the 7 year old Durango with 100,000+ miles whose power door locks don't work and I became a little embarrassed. What will the valet think when he locks the doors and they make this loud squelch or will he notice the spilled Cheerios in the back seat. And when he returns the vehicle and he tries to open the passenger door so my wife can get in but the door won't open because you have to crawl through the drivers door and manually unlock it, what will he think?

Why am I so self conscience and why do I care what a valet thinks?

I guess we have another topic for our next counseling session...

4 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

That's the same reason I wouldn't hire a maid. I'd be too embarrassed to have them see how dirty and cluttered my house is.

amyerj said...

The worst is when I get back in the car and realize I'm listening to one of Jordan's weirdo radio stations. I always wish I'd turned to the classical station so they'd think I was refined. I can't imagine why I (we all) care - but we do. You're still normal. =)

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

I completely understand. We went to dinner this past Saturday to Boi Na Braza for Kathrynn's Birthday dinner although her b-day was Feb 13th. Your only choice is valet parking and so I pull up to the front of this really nice restaurant in my 2002 Kia Rio with the back bumper falling off held secure with only a bolt and a nut. The car is so dirty outside that you could play tic-tac-toe many times over. Thankfully we keep the inside clean or at least picked up. There is a thin layer of dust on the dashboard but that isn't too bad right?? I just tell myself that I don't need one of those fancy cars. Just as I say that to myself this very new dodge viper pulls up behind and waits to be taken care of.

tony said...

i wonder what the valet's actually drive?