Friday, May 25, 2007

May The Force Be With You

It has been 30 years since Star Wars opened in theaters and coined the phrase "May the force be with you."

I was only 10 when it came out and it is the first movie I really remember seeing in the theater. In fact, it seems like only yesterday when my mom dropped me and my 7 year old brother off at the theater with 2 other friends. That would never happen today.
It was a hot day and the line wrapped around the theatre. I'm sure it wasn't as long as I remember but it seemed like a mile long.

I wish I could say that we acted like perfect little gentlemen once we were in the theatre but that wouldn't be true. But, as soon as it started to scroll "A long time ago in a galaxy, far far away.." I don't remember moving in my seat.

It is truly one of my fondest childhood memories.

1 comment:

amyerj said...

You're memory's not wrong... The lines at my theater in Dallas wrapped around the building too. Truly an event.

Oh, and I had my hair done up in cinnamon bun rolls just like Princess Leia... what a complete dork!