Thursday, May 10, 2007

Traffic

Now that my new commute is in excess of 20 miles and through some of the worst Dallas traffic, I have been trying to figure out every way to speed up my commute.

I have tried every possible combination to get home looking for that "secret" short cut that nobody knows about. FYI, those don't exist. But, I have finally settled on a route that seems to be the fastest and has the fewest wrecks.

Another tool that I have found is www.traffic.com. Once you create an account, you can map out your routes from home to work and work to home. It will then email you, send a text message and even has an RSS feed that will notify you of the traffic conditions. You can schedule the alerts so you get them just prior to you leaving for work or go home each night as well.

It gives a rating between 0 to 10 and you can then go to a map and see exactly where the problems exists. I don't really use it to determine the route home but it gives me an idea how long it is going to take to get home.

The worst rating I have had was an 8 on my way home and that equated to an hour commute.

Happy Driving!

No comments: