Monday, May 07, 2007

The Omni

This weekend we went to the Fort Worth Science Museum and attended Dolphins at the Omni.

This was a big step for us because it was only our 2nd attempt to take the boys to an actual movie in public. Seth often finds loud noises upsetting and the last time we took him, he got very upset.

This time things went great. Seth loved the "show" and Chase did really well also. I was sure they both would freak out with the helicopter ride over Fort Worth that is the intro to every movie but Seth thought it was the best part.

I was really proud of both of them.

If you have seen Dolphins, I recommend it. There was some beautiful scenery and I learned some interesting things about Dolphins.

Also, if you aren't a member of the Fort Worth Science Museum, I suggest you join. It has a lot of benefits including free admission to all exhibits as well as free entrance to the Omni. A membership cost $175 per year and yesterday would have cost us $43 if we weren't members so you can see it takes just a few visits to pay for itself.

3 comments:

amyerj said...

We actually saw this one the day we did the Cowgirl Museum... and yes, it's fantastic.

The helicopter intro always makes me want to throw up. The first time I saw it as a kid, my dad died laughing because I picked up my feet so I wouldn't "hit" the buildings... it's so real.

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

Love the Science museum.

Lainey-Paney said...

Glad it went well.

I always seem to get motion sickness at the Omni or other theatres like that...