Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I want Christmas back

I was going to stay out of this discussion but I just can't. December 25th is Christmas, the day Jesus was born and a day millions of Christians around the world celebrate. Why is everyone trying to disguise what this time of year is about by saying "Happy Holidays", "Seasons Greetings", etc. Just say Merry Christmas because that is what it is all about. If in September they want to say "Happy Ramadan", or in November "Happy Diwali", or "Merry Kwanzaa", feel free. If a clerk tells me "Merry Kwanzaa", I'll just politely say "Thank You", take my change and be on my way. Just be honest that this time of year is about Christmas and that this is a country of Christians and that is what we are all celebrating.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Your totally right about that....This is getting out of hand!!!

Have a great day!!!

mommyofangels said...

Amen!