Tuesday, December 20, 2005

No Christmas Service on Sunday

There is a big debate in Christian and non-Christian circles about some churches choosing not to have services on Sunday, Christmas Day. Here is a good article on the subject. I fall on the side that it isn't that big of a deal if a church chooses not to worship on Christmas Sunday, especially if they are offering 11 other services that week as my church is.

But, I think the more important issue is the NFL's decision not to play many games on Christmas Day. Of the 15 NFL games this week, only 2 are being played on Sunday. While Sunday is known for church worship, I think it is known equally for NFL football. I am not sure why there isn't more of an uproar about this because I am very disappointed that I won't be able watch football on Sunday.


p.s. - my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek.

1 comment:

mommyofangels said...

That article couldn't have said it better. I think people who are doing the complaining are acting like the pharasees and sadacees (I know I botched the spelling). Legalism, and Tradition need to be thrown out the window.