Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Story of a Lifetime - The Meaning of Life

The Meaning of Life

This is part 4 of the series The Story of  a Lifetime that Shelley and I are doing.



This is a hard one for me so I did what I always do when I’m looking for an answer to a question I went to Google.  A Google search for “The Meaning of Life” brings up 102 million results.  Ok, so it’s not an original question.

Next stop was Dictionary.Com to find some definitions of “Meaning”.  Here are some of the results.

To have as a purpose or an intention
To design, intend, or destine for a certain purpose or end
An interpreted goal, intent, or end

So, maybe the question can be “What is the purpose of life?”

I believe we are wired to worship. God created us to worship him but he didn’t require it so that is why so many choose other Gods or material items as their choice of worship.  

I also believe we have another purpose that God created us and that is Evangelism.

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit - Matthew 28:29

I know that this response may have been a more simplified answer to this age-old question but I believe the Bible explains that life isn’t that complicated but it isn’t easy.  Life starts getting complicated when people start searching for answers to their questions and fail to turn to God and the Word of God for those answers.



No comments: