Friday, December 23, 2005

Out of My League?

Today Shelley and I had a conversation that started about dreams but then led to a conversation about how women are attracted to men with money and power and men are attracted to women based on appearance. Read about the conversation here.

We agreed that men with power and money had a greater selection when it came to women and that women used such filters as the type of car, dress, job, etc. to quickly evaluate the man's earning power. Men are attracted to women initially based on their appearance and the more wealthy and powerful men could choose from the more attractive women. This ends up putting everyone in their own "league" per se.

Shelley implied that when we met, I didn't initially measure up to her standard for financial security but she saw potential. This indicates that she felt I wasn't in her league but she was willing to date down because of some potential she saw.

This leads me to wonder if she was correct or had she miscalculated what league she was in.

If she miscalculated what league she was in and now that I have elevated to a much higher earnings status and thus a different league, am I eligible to change leagues?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Not eligible, my dear man.