Thursday, December 01, 2005

Recycling

We don't (or at least didn't) recycle and I'm not ashamed to say it. But, yesterday I got a message from Shelley asking "Where is our recycling container?"

Me: You me the one we got when we moved in 5 years ago?
Her: Yes
Me: In the attic. I'm using it to store some leftover building supplies. Isn't that what it's suppose to be used for?
Her: I want to start recycling.

So, when I got home she had sorted out that day's trash and had the recycling items laid out.

Me: What has gotten into you?
Her: Just wanting to do my part.

So, up in the attic I go, clean out the blue container and drag it down.

Then we start going through the trash. We can recycle this, throw this away, recycle this except for lid and so on. I then found out I also had to rinse everything out as well.

Now, I am having to organize my trash and to make things worse I have to CLEAN my trash.

It is TRASH, why can't I just throw it away?

2 comments:

mommyofangels said...

I agree.... I think recycleing paper is good enough.

mommyofangels said...

Kudos to you for hiring help for Shelly.