Monday, March 20, 2006

The Adventure

Seth has started calling our recent vacation the "adventure". I am finding this ironic.

Prior to meeting Shelley, I never took vacations. As a kid we were either moving to a new city or when we did go somewhere, it was always back to see family in Arkansas. I carried this forward as an adult. I was either too poor, too cheap or I thought I didn't have time to take a vacation. This is proven by the 90+ days of accrued paid time off that I have accumulated.

But, when I met Shelley that was not what she was accumstomed to, she liked taking vacations. So, we quickly started taking trips. We went to places like Clearwater, Florida, Memphis, TN, Louisville, KY and Salt Lake City, UT. I always referred to these as "Adventures" because they were so different than what I was used to (plus when you travel with Shelley, it can be an adventure).

I think our family is going to be taking "Adventures" going forward. Doesn't that sound more fun than a vacation, anyway?

No comments: